Greed, a greater impact than giving,
sure you can give everything away.
But someone may be lying,
greed and giving will always stay.
Greed, it may steal everything you just gave,
greed for power will and has to start the worst war.
The guilt will last until the grave,
because it isn't very far.
Greed will cause problems,
but we will live through them.
These are our emblems,
that will grow in our hearts, from a seed to a stem.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greed by Dang Xiong )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(2 November 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal