Great Darkness Will Embark
Insensitivity to wrong
Deadens a nation to Decay
And then Evil thrives among
Their young people today.
Woe to them who mark
Obvious Evil as right!
Great darkness will embark
And they will lose their sight.
Woe to those who call Evil good
The LORD, He sees their heart!
Destruction will be their food
When God's wrath tears them apart!
But I will speak His Truth
And defy their vain Deceit!
God bless these words with His fruit
I pronounce His Word is complete!
All rights reserve~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello ~~~08.30.13
ISAIAH 5: 20-21
'Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
Who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight.'
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great Darkness Will Embark by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)