Great Darkness Will Embark
Insensitivity to wrong
Deadens a nation to Decay
And then Evil thrives among
Their young people today.
Woe to them who mark
Obvious Evil as right!
Great darkness will embark
And they will lose their sight.
Woe to those who call Evil good
The LORD, He sees their heart!
Destruction will be their food
When God's wrath tears them apart!
But I will speak His Truth
And defy their vain Deceit!
God bless these words with His fruit
I pronounce His Word is complete!
All rights reserve~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello ~~~08.30.13
ISAIAH 5: 20-21
'Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
Who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
Who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
And clever in their own sight.'
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great Darkness Will Embark by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
- Think and breathe, hasmukh amathalal
- Love for care, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)