Great Black Spectre
Coming at me now I can see it a giant spectre.
Screaming at deafening thrilling pitches leaving no conjecture.
It's come to harm it's come to take.
All the goodness and saneness I have left within it's wake.
I run and run but still it drives,
wildly at me intent to drive me into madness and leave me a stripped and gutted empty hide.
How can I ever hope to get away and end this ride?
A darkly spectre malicious and grand.
Screaming at me now it going to grab me now.
Still I run and run to try and keep a balance,
to feel my love I have unto others,
the sanity that remains to help me see the world around me still is free.
Haunting screaming black enveloping.
Please give me your hand to try and save me.
Be warned though I do you this favor to take my hand and try to save,
You may also get pulled down into this grave.
I want your help and desperately need it too.
But helping me may hurt you too.
No matter how hard I try to shield you from this dark.
It has been know for the loves I have to be taken.
This enormous black spectre ever grows
getting larger with every manic throw.
It is complete and total hell,
A curse inflicted an evil spell.
So how much longer can I run and hide,
from the madness that is this giant all enveloping black spectre?
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Not my words but a harsh criticism by another poet here. I do not intend to harm or disturb with my work.
It's my release. You take it any way you like. This one is of a great black spectre hanging above my head and soul.
Comments about this poem (Great Black Spectre by Michael McParland )
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)