In common with Winston Churchill
I have seen, perhaps,
the end of a beginning:
I have learnt that 'Egyptian' is 'Masri'.
My 'Beginning Arabic' is at, perhaps, an end.
I don't know, does anyone know,
if the Prime man ever saw
the beginning of the end of the war?
Can anyone ever surely say
they've seen the beginning of the end of a war?
I do know that in Egypt
you mightn't see the end of a day,
if, instead of 'I love The Great Haram',
you accidentally, or deliberately, say,
'I greatly love haraam.'
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
pyramid = 'Haram'.
You can google 'haraam'
Comments about this poem (Grave Error by douglas scotney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic