In common with Winston Churchill
I have seen, perhaps,
the end of a beginning:
I have learnt that 'Egyptian' is 'Masri'.
My 'Beginning Arabic' is at, perhaps, an end.
I don't know, does anyone know,
if the Prime man ever saw
the beginning of the end of the war?
Can anyone ever surely say
they've seen the beginning of the end of a war?
I do know that in Egypt
you mightn't see the end of a day,
if, instead of 'I love The Great Haram',
you accidentally, or deliberately, say,
'I greatly love haraam.'
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
pyramid = 'Haram'.
You can google 'haraam'
Comments about this poem (Grave Error by douglas scotney )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)