Granite Mountain II
Heart deeply reaching;
Scared sides, pinion's burned,
Lion's silenced screams reverberating
Off boulders cracked and scared black by passing Inferno
Winter's still and silent grip close upon her wounded face. Holding hostage earth's primal healing.
A coming promise not realized.
A sleeping of a million dreams.
A new awakening.
The air filled with sweet sounds:
Birds rioting, grass growing, new trees reaching timidly for the azure sky as the Mountain watches stoically;
reaching deeply into time
Primeval wisdom revealing healing secrets long held in the ancient rocks.
Fire's searing cleansing creates abundant new life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Granite Mountain II by Kathleen Reiman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah