Oldest grandad up above,
You were the one i truly loved,
Loved you did for ninety five years,
When you left there were many a tear.
You were like the dad i never had,
not a nasty word, would you have said,
One day you hoped i would wed.
Wed you were for sixty five year,
To a beautiful lady, nana so dear.
Dear, she was, that has to be said
oh, i'm so confused, inside my head.
Why you had to go, i don't know
One thing i know is your up above, not down below.
Dedicated to my grandad Tom, who was took away xmas 06.
goodnight, godbless, you were the very best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (grandad by sarah gledhill )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart