Oldest grandad up above,
You were the one i truly loved,
Loved you did for ninety five years,
When you left there were many a tear.
You were like the dad i never had,
not a nasty word, would you have said,
One day you hoped i would wed.
Wed you were for sixty five year,
To a beautiful lady, nana so dear.
Dear, she was, that has to be said
oh, i'm so confused, inside my head.
Why you had to go, i don't know
One thing i know is your up above, not down below.
Dedicated to my grandad Tom, who was took away xmas 06.
goodnight, godbless, you were the very best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (grandad by sarah gledhill )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- A explanation, Mariam Abdelghani