I thank you for this life,
To experience a chance,
To feel the hidden wonders,
At more than just a glance.
I thank you for this body,
Enclosed this beating heart,
In rhythm with the universe,
Till ending from the start.
I thank you for this endless soul,
Who’s traveled back through time,
And now this present moment,
Many more still left to climb.
I thank you for this Mother Earth,
Who nurtures us with care,
Her beauty for all eyes to see,
Take time to smell her air.
I thank you for another day,
To breathe another breath,
Sacred is this mortal life,
Every moment until death.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Grace by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal