I thank you for this life,
To experience a chance,
To feel the hidden wonders,
At more than just a glance.
I thank you for this body,
Enclosed this beating heart,
In rhythm with the universe,
Till ending from the start.
I thank you for this endless soul,
Who’s traveled back through time,
And now this present moment,
Many more still left to climb.
I thank you for this Mother Earth,
Who nurtures us with care,
Her beauty for all eyes to see,
Take time to smell her air.
I thank you for another day,
To breathe another breath,
Sacred is this mortal life,
Every moment until death.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Grace by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan