The gospel of the lord is not fashion,
I weep when I see the church divide into swag & class;
Clergies preaches what pleases the world,
The word suffers in place of robust envelopes;
The level of acceptance and brotherly love,
Depends on the weight of your tithe,
And colour of currency.
Men of alter double as priest in idolatry,
The church is our home;
Our place of peace,
Our sanctuary of penitence,
And sacred land to communion in fellowship
Of him who has risen from the grip of darkness
And who is to come in all majesty!
Matthias Pantaleon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gospel by Matthias Pantaleon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.