Phone call did come in,
I felt a shiver I knew was grim.
For it was my Uncle saying to my Dad,
Grandma & Grandpa died which was sad.
Later that night,
I went into a dream filled with fright.
I dreamed of my sister upstairs,
scary it made my arm hairs glare.
My hairs stood up straight,
which I did anticipate.
was about to happen soon,
an image of people
floated into my sister's room.
Then sister screamed
and I did jump with a boom.
Running upstairs with blankets to my side,
I ran to my sister in the nic of time.
She told me what she had just seen,
The ghost of Grandparents
saying goodbye she did glean.
This was my grandparents saying there last goodbye,
dreamed of them years later telling them
'I know you guys never died.'
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOODBYE DREAM by Suzanna Chevalier )
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Am Too Old Not To Be Humble, Shalom Freedman
- Riding Through Edges, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Corset, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)