Phone call did come in,
I felt a shiver I knew was grim.
For it was my Uncle saying to my Dad,
Grandma & Grandpa died which was sad.
Later that night,
I went into a dream filled with fright.
I dreamed of my sister upstairs,
scary it made my arm hairs glare.
My hairs stood up straight,
which I did anticipate.
was about to happen soon,
an image of people
floated into my sister's room.
Then sister screamed
and I did jump with a boom.
Running upstairs with blankets to my side,
I ran to my sister in the nic of time.
She told me what she had just seen,
The ghost of Grandparents
saying goodbye she did glean.
This was my grandparents saying there last goodbye,
dreamed of them years later telling them
'I know you guys never died.'
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (GOODBYE DREAM by Suzanna Chevalier )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide