An old poet riding his horse at midnight
fell to the ground
when the horses leg broke badly
in a gophers hole.
With no words
the poet arose
pointed a pistol
at the horses head
and with mercy pulled the trigger.
the poet, at sunrise, received
a bright revelation;
turning back and looking into
the fading darkness
with tears in his eyes he realized,
he had forgotten
to say goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye by Smoky Hoss )
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY