An old poet riding his horse at midnight
fell to the ground
when the horses leg broke badly
in a gophers hole.
With no words
the poet arose
pointed a pistol
at the horses head
and with mercy pulled the trigger.
the poet, at sunrise, received
a bright revelation;
turning back and looking into
the fading darkness
with tears in his eyes he realized,
he had forgotten
to say goodbye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goodbye by Smoky Hoss )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid