Little King of Sorrows
Good Morning Broken Heart (revised)
Broken heart! In pain you glare!
I have no time, to judge what's fair.
Important things, this world doth care.
I'll go to work. You lay there bare.
Broken heart! Get out the way!
I have no time, to sit and play.
Important things, to do today.
I'll go to work. At home you stay.
Broken heart! This can't be beat!
I have no time, for shredded tweet.
Important things, deadlines to meet.
I'll go to work. You rest your feet.
Broken heart! You're out of line!
I have no time, to sip your whine.
Important things, my pen must sign.
I'll go to work. You'll be just fine.
Broken heart! The bus won't wait!
I have no time, to find a date.
Important things, to contemplate.
I'll go to work. You choose your fate.
Broken heart! Let go my soul!
I have no time, to take a stroll.
Important things, they set a goal.
I'll go to work. You stay and troll.
Broken heart! It's for the birds!
I have no time, to heed your words.
Important things, corral the herds.
I'll go to work. You chat with nerds.
Broken heart! Why do you cry?
I have no time, for answer why.
Important things, await my try.
I'll go to work. You soar the sky.
Broken heart! You mope about!
I have no time, to scream and shout.
Important things, my hands must sprout.
I'll go to work. You sit and pout.
Broken heart! Just let me be!
I have no time, for dreams you see.
Important things, they don't come free.
I'll go to work. You live for me.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Good Morning Broken Heart (revised) by Little King of Sorrows )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns