It pains me most
When man cheats or
Physically or mentally
Hurts a fellow man.
Man's desire to expand
And cling to absolute power
Are obstacles to bringing
Peace and order in the world.
One must feel successful
When others around do so
One must work hard
To make others succeed.
Even the need for
Self defense shouldn't
Arise when man acts
Like a man should.
When one leaves the world
What'll the soul ever need?
It's only while here this moment
It matters to have good feelings.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Feelings by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Maithili Sharan Gupt
(3 August 1886 – 12 December 1964)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai