It pains me most
When man cheats or
Physically or mentally
Hurts a fellow man.
Man's desire to expand
And cling to absolute power
Are obstacles to bringing
Peace and order in the world.
One must feel successful
When others around do so
One must work hard
To make others succeed.
Even the need for
Self defense shouldn't
Arise when man acts
Like a man should.
When one leaves the world
What'll the soul ever need?
It's only while here this moment
It matters to have good feelings.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Good Feelings by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- Of The Epiphany, John Beaumont
- statistical haiku (or, how do they disco.., Evie Shockley
- En germe, noir, Marcel Aouizerate
- The pilot, Marcel Aouizerate
- The library, Marcel Aouizerate
- a background in music, Evie Shockley
- Lost in Levallois, Marcel Aouizerate
- The 3 kelvin sound of great expectations, Marcel Aouizerate
- Online Halloween, Marcel Aouizerate
- A royal glasshouse, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)