Good bye, Traditional Marriage
America has one more thorn on her side.
It’s a real piercing for America.
To do away with traditional Marriage of a man and woman,
United as one,
The gay activist won.
It’s more pain for America to follow.
It’s an arrow
In America’s side,
It will be interesting to see who will be there to stand beside her.
And guide her,
Will America be guided by light or darkness?
What will happen to America’s consciousness?
America once guided by Lightness.
Taken over by a dark powerful force that pushes the stern into total blackness,
Pray that the enemy doesn’t see America’s weakness.
Seek the Lord with all of your heart.
Knowing that the Lord set us apart,
From the evilness of this world,
This is our true existence.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Good bye, Traditional Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher
- Quatrain number 4, Leong Ming Loong
- The world we are facing, Abby Sze
- Game of power, Funmilayo Adebimpe
- The Road Must End Somewhere, Kyle Schlicher
- Seeing Eyes, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Lesser Commands I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Sad Today, Kyle Schlicher
- Like Yesterday I, Sadiqullah Khan