Gone With The Tide
A tide had come.
It washed away everything.
Leaving nothing on the shore.
All the happiness and excitement,
It took away along with it.
Nothing left on shore.
Just a song of silence,
Played by wind can be heard.
All the liveliness gone along with the tide.
Just a whisper of calmness can be heard.
Now its like a blank paper waiting to be filled.
But the ink of joy dried away forever.
No new song could fill this blank paper
Let's make a boat of it
And float it on the river.
Let it flow along with the wind
After a time it will just sink deep down into the tide.
Yeah, a song can be heard in future
Of the dead boats end! ! !
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Submitted: Saturday, October 05,2013
Edited: Monday, October 07,2013
Comments about this poem (Gone With The Tide by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)