Gone With The Tide
A tide had come.
It washed away everything.
Leaving nothing on the shore.
All the happiness and excitement,
It took away along with it.
Nothing left on shore.
Just a song of silence,
Played by wind can be heard.
All the liveliness gone along with the tide.
Just a whisper of calmness can be heard.
Now its like a blank paper waiting to be filled.
But the ink of joy dried away forever.
No new song could fill this blank paper
Let's make a boat of it
And float it on the river.
Let it flow along with the wind
After a time it will just sink deep down into the tide.
Yeah, a song can be heard in future
Of the dead boats end! ! !
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Submitted: Saturday, October 05,2013
Edited: Monday, October 07,2013
Comments about this poem (Gone With The Tide by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp