Gone With The Tide
A tide had come.
It washed away everything.
Leaving nothing on the shore.
All the happiness and excitement,
It took away along with it.
Nothing left on shore.
Just a song of silence,
Played by wind can be heard.
All the liveliness gone along with the tide.
Just a whisper of calmness can be heard.
Now its like a blank paper waiting to be filled.
But the ink of joy dried away forever.
No new song could fill this blank paper
Let's make a boat of it
And float it on the river.
Let it flow along with the wind
After a time it will just sink deep down into the tide.
Yeah, a song can be heard in future
Of the dead boats end! ! !
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Submitted: Saturday, October 05,2013
Edited: Monday, October 07,2013
Comments about this poem (Gone With The Tide by Geetha Jayakumar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR