Gone, But Where?
You slipped out of my reach and Ok, I can handle that but where are you now baby?
I'm scared; I don't even know if you're ok! I have so much to tell you,
wherever you may be.
I cry myself to sleep at night fearing the worst; that you're dead! ! But then in the morning I see the sun shining and I know that if you are then you're looking down on me, protecting me.
Lucy Grainger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone, But Where? by Lucy Grainger )
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)