God s beauties (3/22/13)
Above me was a light clear blue sky
With swirls of white going by, and the rest
Of the sky was snowy white, as I took in the beauty with delight.
All the beauties that GOD provided right before my very eyes
The green grass and the trees, and the humming of the bees.
The birds chirping in the air, flying by without a care.
Children playing in the streets, or dancing to the radios beat.
Adults rushing to work to earn a day's pay
And the elderly kneeling to pray.
Women bringing new life into the world
A baby boy, a baby girl.
Amazed at how their bodies can create so much love
And thanking GOD up above.
They say there is nothing in the world like seeing
A child come out of you, and the doctors and nurses
Are right there to help you too.
Look around at all that we take for granted
And think about if it wasn't there?
What would we have to share?
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gods Beauties by louis rams )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns