Goddess Of Nature
The Goddess of Nature is all around me
On the wings of her parrots her beauty i see
Her warm breath in the sunshine in the freshening breeze
And her sweet scenting perfume in her blossoming trees.
I hear her anger when her ocean waves roar
And crash on the rocks by the cliffs of the shore
And in her bird song her melodious voice ring
Carried in the breeze such a beautiful thing.
The Goddess of Nature of her existence i know
My Goddess today as she was years ago
A walk through her wild places a thing i enjoy
I have loved her since i was a very young boy.
I hear her wild birds chirp and sing every day
And in her Mother Earth's bosom my bones they will lay
My span is so brief and you live forever more
Oh Goddess of Nature the one i adore.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Goddess Of Nature by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- engulfed in your flesh, Billie Lynn Minear
- recyclops, ramon lvdiaz
- Ideal or Real, immanuel santos
- clear as mud, Mandolyn ...
- Burma war, lee fones
- Nexus in open, hasmukh amathalal
- There are veins of gold embedded, Little Eagle McGowan
- Yours Desire for High Sky, Aftab Alam
- Oh, The Cautious Heart, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Torrential Downpour, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)