God’s Devout Promise
Even when Jesus suffered the ungodly and unimaginable
He never lost sight of the joy beyond Heaven’s gate.
Just as our Savior, God is working in our trials
As we contemplate our blessings and faithfully await.
What will separate us from the love of Christ?
Not tribulation, distress, persecution or the sword.
All things wrong can faithfully be mastered
When we pray for bravery from our Lord.
When it comes to hardships Christ is in us
As the will of His Father controls our life.
Christians cling to God’s devout promise
Of deliverance from sin, wickedness, fear and strife.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
Comments about this poem (God’s Devout Promise by Tom Zart )
- Haiku 'Eat', miken newman
- उगा रेत से बालुआ ये शहर (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Christmas Blackmail, Phil Soar
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)