God Bless The Salvos
God bless the Salvos says old Jenny Gray
For those in need they go out of their way
They feed the hungry and broken lives repair
The Salvos for all social outcasts care.
The people of the Salvation Army i admire
They helped me when my home was charred by fire
They gave me lodgings and enough to eat
And without them i know i'd be on the street.
God bless the Salvos says old Michael Bate
I was a loser whiskey was my mate
With their help i gave alcohol away
And without them i may not be here today.
God bless the salvos says Virginia Lee
God bless them for all they have done for me
I won my war with drugs and i've learnt to cope
And the Salvos gave me love and help and hope.
I've only mentioned here a grateful few
Who bless the Salvos for the work they do
God bless the Salvos and may they succeed
In their efforts in helping those in need.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Bless The Salvos by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
- My dinner عشائي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ang hastayw, Shri R Brahma
- Jwmwiya mwsayw, Shri R Brahma
- Dinwini gwswkhangthiyao, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)