GO: BLIND Vision
i heard drumming, deep as a thousand thunders.
i looked up. the moon started to spin.
it spun so swiftly it threw out sparks.
they spread over the sky. some fell here.
the trees began to burn. they became fire
bushes. the flames leaped along the rope.
i rushed to pull LUMEN free from the inferno.
before i could reach him the moon shot out
of its socket. a million fireballs exploded.
the shocks shook the ground. it opened
beneath my feet. i fell through a tunnel.
how long how far i fell i do not know.
time and space had no meaning. after that
eternity the tunnel ended. i landed like
a leaf tossed by the wind. or maybe i was
wind. i tumbled, over and over. i rolled
through great evergreen forests. i flew
over calm clear lakes; up a cascading stream
that had its mouth in icy mountains. i passed
over all these things. i came to a city.
a vast crowd was marching as one, as if
to some solemn purpose. i don't know what
it was. i could not understand their speech.
then thunders rattled the city. i was pulled
into another tunnel. this time i seemed to fall
upward. i could not breathe. i called for help.
through the thunders a voice whispered to me
'open your eyes.' i did. i found myself here.
but here is changed. the brightness is too great.
i'm blinded by it. what happened to you?
doug bentley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
GO [ISBN: 978-1484880494] is available in paperback at Amazon websites worldwide, major online retailers and bookstores including Barnes & Noble, Bowker Books and Indie Bound, libraries and academic institutions worldwide through the Ingram Content Group and Baker & Taylor, as well as NACSCORP in the USA.
GO is also available in most digital formats at major online retailers and ebookstores worldwide, including Amazon Kindle, Apple iBook, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo Books, WH Smith, Diesel eBook Store, Chapters/Indigo Canada, FNAC France, Livraria Cultura Brazil, Flipkart India, and Smashwords, and is free of charge to libraries worldwide through Baker & Taylor Axis 360.
Comments about this poem (GO: BLIND Vision by doug bentley )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine