Glory to be the Lord
How long should I weep alone and to whom should I tell my pain?
What we call peace! Whither it gone? My grief you are in loss or gain
‘Glory to be the Lord’ up to my last breath, among all we are the best
Among the creatures, we the supreme, this is a truth, not my behest.
Everything is for us: the moon, the sun and the stars and the unseen
This holy earth is a human spoilt; it should not be ruined as it has been
A supine attitude unto the gift that Lord gave, uncared, pounced into mud
Still the door is not closed for those who are alive, none heard the sound thud.
Come, come here as I stood with all the colors of nature
Why we deny the divinity though through nature, we nurture
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glory to be the Lord by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
- Dream: Not Scream, Aftab Alam
- Do you?, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Standing, Dislocated Heart
- There Goes Life (Dust To Dust), Michael McParland
- Bluened Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)