Glory to be the Lord
How long should I weep alone and to whom should I tell my pain?
What we call peace! Whither it gone? My grief you are in loss or gain
‘Glory to be the Lord’ up to my last breath, among all we are the best
Among the creatures, we the supreme, this is a truth, not my behest.
Everything is for us: the moon, the sun and the stars and the unseen
This holy earth is a human spoilt; it should not be ruined as it has been
A supine attitude unto the gift that Lord gave, uncared, pounced into mud
Still the door is not closed for those who are alive, none heard the sound thud.
Come, come here as I stood with all the colors of nature
Why we deny the divinity though through nature, we nurture
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glory to be the Lord by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hunted, Mae AC.
- 13 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)