glory is future
Army of skanks. Innocense and mayhem. All at once. Theirs no more light than light can see. How do you fight a war you're not supposed to fight. How do you think about something you are not supposed to think about. Its like being in church. Think with your mouth. And what its made from. Hansel and gretal. Carnival of terror. Rainbow of luck. Refined in a powerful way. Redefined in a powerful way. And i forget we drive to get somewhere. I forget that driving takes you places. We face our common difficulty. The truth is in mexico and no one can see it. Beginning with the end in mind. In the chilling memory of murder. Fueled by imagination. And killing with a sense of wonder. Lying in front of the holy. God is good all the time. And all the time god is great. Refuge in all the pity at home. There to avenge the death of whoever died. What we have inside is what makes us move. Express yourself. In the passion for perfection. Through the door in the middle of the road. Under the hatched passageway. In the access of the corridor. And there, gravity becomes the executioner. All tied together by madness. In the deep sands of funk rock. So let us go forward together. Because i would like to sleep inside your soul. Time has circled into something bigger. Its like being in a jail cell. Im just trying to draw the line somewhere to just be in the sand. A rebel with a cause. As sad as that may sound. I dont steal the air i breathe. If it means nothing to you. Why protect it? You prove im smarter than you. A roller coaster of shit. The color of the gun. The way it looks. Here it is your moment has end. Your exhausting my fumes. Roll the window out there. I just wanna be done with this poem. Water on my ass. You are so freakin awesome it hurts. Son of a bitch. The interlockings i cant undue. Center my aura forever. Its always sunny in philadelphia. I must seek budda. I must seek christ. Gimmie the worst of your conscience. About myself sometime. To just feel right. Glory is future. Despernation. Pin it to deaf. Never put passion before principle. Killing is not the answer. Pain is. I wipe my ass with what the world thinks. And i sit on it like a stone.
benjamin bueno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (glory is future by benjamin bueno )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer
- Christmas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..