I see through my window how the day's dew is still falling. It rained lightly last night and the morning has decided to sulk and be gloomy. Drivers are forced to put on their lights lest their precious vehicles kiss each other and make them gloomy!
I know even those going to work are forced by their needs. As workers walk to their offices, the flowers in the flower beds can hardly be seen because of the fog. No beautiful sight to brighten workers getting to their offices looking gloomy!
This gloomy day is making everything cold and gloomy. But I will not allow the gloomy day to make me gloomy. I have you Sweetie in my heart, warming me from inside, making me smile and so I am far from gloomy!
God and lovely you have conspired to bring joy into me that defeats gloominess on a day that is gloomy! I remember your smile and I smile too. I visualize your beauty and I know that I don't need flowers to make me not gloomy!
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gloomy Day! by Nyota Yasulwe )
- The America Flag., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Euphoric Nights By Bo-Edward Lawrence, Bo Edward Lawrence
- Storms do not last., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Crime repeats itself., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)