I see through my window how the day's dew is still falling. It rained lightly last night and the morning has decided to sulk and be gloomy. Drivers are forced to put on their lights lest their precious vehicles kiss each other and make them gloomy!
I know even those going to work are forced by their needs. As workers walk to their offices, the flowers in the flower beds can hardly be seen because of the fog. No beautiful sight to brighten workers getting to their offices looking gloomy!
This gloomy day is making everything cold and gloomy. But I will not allow the gloomy day to make me gloomy. I have you Sweetie in my heart, warming me from inside, making me smile and so I am far from gloomy!
God and lovely you have conspired to bring joy into me that defeats gloominess on a day that is gloomy! I remember your smile and I smile too. I visualize your beauty and I know that I don't need flowers to make me not gloomy!
Nyota Yasulwe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gloomy Day! by Nyota Yasulwe )
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns