Paola Degli Esposti
In front of a green landscape, sun shines from the window, a book is on the small wood table, it is closed. The woman sits on a chair and her left elbow gently stays on the table, her face on her closed hand. Lazy posture some say. She thinks about what she has just read.
- love has no border, also sense of common wealth. If we build it day by day and struggling, we will reach great long durable progress. Disease, poverty, injustice will be battled and it will be great news. We need common sense and information. It is for this purpose that the seed of conscience of what extreme poverty means has to be spread by every person who cares about justice and equality.
The learning that the way is undoubtely a struggling one may be frightening but not sterile . A legitimate international will to orientate bravely the actions will help to fix the basis for the stabilization of prolific and necessary exchanges between global steady national countries. Going back to centuries what it is avoidable is well known.-
The sound of a plane arrives to her ears, she thinks it is time to stand up and go to another room.
Sun still shines.
Paola Degli Esposti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (global by Paola Degli Esposti )
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)