RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tears glistened many-colored memories, waving gently
in the heated breeze.
Reflecting feelings unknowingly, tugging teardrops from
my heart, bringing them to my moist blue eyes.
Wanting very much to reach out in happiness and become a
part of Christmas cheer, I find I cannot.
Something's holding me in sadness - embracing me with
softened hands, yet showing me the loneliness - the hell
that life is, now that Mom is no longer here.
Mom was the light in all our hearts, the tinsel blowing
gaily with every breeze, the Christmas balls reflecting
all who passed by with friendly eyes.
Mom was the star - the angel - always on top of the tree,
shining her love down upon us - her children.
We miss her very much.
Life is sad now that she's gone.
The top of all our Christmas trees has burnt out.
Now we just lay wreaths and flowers upon a plot of ground.
With no idea of where or why our Mom is gone.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Glistening Tears by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)