Giving Thanks To The Lord
Lord, I know you celebrate Thanksgiving,
but not with turkey and apple pie;
You give thanks for life and living,
we here praise Your name on high.
We celebrate the book You gave us,
with knowledge of the way to truth;
we know that You erase our silly fuss,
forgive us for being too uncouth.
Lord, You are my strength through all,
my shield from evil and from sin;
You help me to stand straight and tall,
and don't remember where I've been.
Without Your love, I would be lost,
without Your hope, I'd lose my way;
with Your ransom, You've paid the cost,
You listen when I kneel to pray.
Thank You Lord, for Your great light,
Thank You Lord, for the Spirit's hand;
Thank You Lord, You ease the night,
and make all my tomorrows grand.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Thanks To The Lord by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell Of Onions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Convenienced With Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of the Book, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Soul In Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Public Limited Company Safety Catch, Terence G. Craddock
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar