Giving Thanks To The Lord
Lord, I know you celebrate Thanksgiving,
but not with turkey and apple pie;
You give thanks for life and living,
we here praise Your name on high.
We celebrate the book You gave us,
with knowledge of the way to truth;
we know that You erase our silly fuss,
forgive us for being too uncouth.
Lord, You are my strength through all,
my shield from evil and from sin;
You help me to stand straight and tall,
and don't remember where I've been.
Without Your love, I would be lost,
without Your hope, I'd lose my way;
with Your ransom, You've paid the cost,
You listen when I kneel to pray.
Thank You Lord, for Your great light,
Thank You Lord, for the Spirit's hand;
Thank You Lord, You ease the night,
and make all my tomorrows grand.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giving Thanks To The Lord by David Lessard )
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
- Songs For Harmony By Stephen Gill, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Aleksandra, Thomas Bates
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)