Give Me The Wild
Oh give me the wild
The wind in my hair -
birdsong in the air..
Give me the bushveld,
Dry pods snapping..
& birds on the wing..
Give me the grasslands,
wild hooves thudding;
'neath the wild warm sun.
Take me away from the city
The madness of humdrum life;
polluted & ever-consuming,
ugly & seething with strife.
Take me back to the freshness,
To the earth when it first was made;
make us all babes in the woods, Lord -
Innocent of all that's depraved.
Oh give me the wild,
& the wind in my hair...
The sun on my face -
give me freedom, from here.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Give Me The Wild by Jinge Norvall )
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)