Gifts of Healing
The miraculous healing of a universal light,
Soundness of body in time is the greatest height;
The future is naturally endowed with hopeful sight.
Making merry to what my mind inclined,
Giving glory to what my heart defined,
And Finding peace in the battle my life was refined.
God, the father of the hope to my deterring dreams,
Christ, son of the hope of glory to my noisy screams,
Holy Spirit, breathe of my life as waters flows down the streams.
The natural beauty of a solitude gift of life,
The healing of the soul in aptitude tests of light,
Your divine healing kindles the soul to a relief.
The sweet-scented fragrance of natures beats of gift,
Restores the troubled soul that all may profit,
From all human Endeavors to the purest fight
The gloom of the nights gave an expedition to my word,
The brightness of the day gave life to the lost world,
And all has been saved and healed by the gift of the Lord.
Walking down the narrow paths of life,
Running through the blowing storms of strive
And knowing the struggles of man surely we shall override.
To thee, He has restored the life in the body,
To us; He has showed His Glory to the soul,
To the world, He has kindled the light in a Spirit.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gifts of Healing by Siegfried OheneSidza )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Snowman, Kwai Chee Low
- Heralding Christmas, Kwai Chee Low
- Under the Mistletoe, Kwai Chee Low
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas
- Let Me Stand Here, gajanan mishra
- Quack, Quack says the Duck, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Another Christmas (without you), Marites C. Cayetano
- What Is Life, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Open Door, Natalie Nicole Story