>>>Gift Of Words
Sun rays play with shadows
Words play like the sun
At will, they come into light
And play with my all emotions
They leave for me a gift of monologue which
Like a shadow goes after me.
Everywhere I carry them, too
As they ride on the back of my mind
And sing songs with a flute.
Without sound they chime a bell
Even they go behind the cloud.
Quickly they return back
When I am at rest
And start a conversation with me
In voice low clinging upon my heart.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>Gift Of Words by Abdul Wahab )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Falling Fast, Electric Lady
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Warning, Jenny Joseph