The smell of crimson blood lingered in the room
For 30 seconds. But it was my father's presence
That was choking me. The Mind Control.
He appears through the door of my sacred place
For 19 years and haunted my spirit for eternity.
It can never be erased from my mind, body, soul, and spirit-
In his grim reaper suite he is ready..
Ready to trap me in a chant-
His Concoctioning words mixed with sleepery silence
To the head- where it is no longer in process.
Haunted by this half human half demon man.
"Bread Winner" he called him self
But I see him as a ghostly spirit with some deadly power
And if not rebuke… may cause one to be possess.
Haunted by this half human half demon man-
That has not one sense of godliness in his heart
But to Rome my life with his spells and black magic words.
C.F Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (‘Ghostly spirit' by C.F Francis )
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Clarence Michael James Stanislaus Dennis
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Laurence Overmire
(24 June 1842 - 26 December 1913)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)