T (no first name) Wignesan
Ghazal: Now That She's Left And Gone To Be Herself Again
Now she’s left and gone away, my clothes hang dry
On the line for all to see – what a crying shame!
The lone cuckoo calls out in a haunting tone
Who hears him down here but on wing – what a shame!
Pigeons and crows balance on the clothes-line
And their droppings stain the sheets – Oh open shame!
She’s gone with shrieks from the magpies that dark day
And left me with her first born – Block my shame!
Baby cries for all to hear recall her voice
Where will it hide its face - Oh growing shame!
The musang miaows its woes in the jackfruit tree
Now that the wild she-cat roams in wayward shame
Baby gapes out the window and wonders why
If earth and sky witness bear – painful shame!
Would that the mother hear the cuckoo call
And lift her head to listen to quell my shame
The jackfruit’s ripe and sags at the tree trunk
A moaning woman at child birth - no shame
The puffed monsoon pulls its South-West skirts up
And floods the rice fields with tears, bitter shame!
Hamadryad’s hypnotic eyes turn ire red
Fate keeps the mongoose from common death – O Shame!
Still the baby’s cries in my ears call to you
What will I tell her later – wipe out shame?
My own shame mixed with no name to call my own
No Elephant God of Wisdom can blot out shame!
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ghazal: Now That She's Left And Gone To Be Herself Again by T (no first name) Wignesan )
- The nasty people الهبابير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The not so cold wind blows, Bill Cantrell
- The Swing Door., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Unchampioning The Champion, Walter T Rambwi
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns