Inside the grave, he's disturbed,
Turning sideways, haunted nightmares,
Startled and sweating, he opened his eyes
From beneath the soil, he woke up!
Feeling those three bullets inside the chest
Cognized of his awakening, but he knows
Why God wants him to resurrect now,
There is a mission to be fulfilled this time
'Hey Ram' Those last words left unsaid,
When that innocent kid confused his mind,
He is forgiven, his sins forgotten then,
Gandhi smiles and embraces the sinner!
But now, changed times, new threats arise,
Corrupted kings, kingpins pulling the string!
Cattle class powdered in power and might,
Slaughtered truths and hidden cries!
A youth enslaved to spotlight and might!
Null minded - Sly rats of Rip Van Winkle,
Lost values, lacks the innermost strength,
A nation's 'power', grieves and curses inspite!
Treacherous men, selling woman's pride,
Spits them after chewing through veins,
Crying angels and their half burnt wings!
As a crater created in God's mighty heart!
There is a lot to be done to this world,
Not from where he left, when he slept!
This country has walked back the steps,
A change, Renaissance is what she needs!
Non-Violence, tolerance, patience of mind,
Three tablets for the eternal peace,
For ever to sustain and to live fullest,
To bring back hope and mutual existence!
But this is no disease and cannot be cured,
Its a vicious cancer, needs a clean cut!
Its time for a movement, revolution for life,
Will a piece of advice bring any change?
Gandhi searched for his wooden stick,
Now, he has with him an untold trick,
He's determined to make the nation shine!
To liberate us (Once Again) He walks on to land!
Magic Box's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gandhi's Resurrection by Magic Box )
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Let Me Be Her<3, Nautica Moxley
- Absalom, Gert Strydom
- Freedom Is Calling, Tony Adah
- God and Guru, gajanan mishra
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(18 November 1939)