Inside the grave, he's disturbed,
Turning sideways, haunted nightmares,
Startled and sweating, he opened his eyes
From beneath the soil, he woke up!
Feeling those three bullets inside the chest
Cognized of his awakening, but he knows
Why God wants him to resurrect now,
There is a mission to be fulfilled this time
'Hey Ram' Those last words left unsaid,
When that innocent kid confused his mind,
He is forgiven, his sins forgotten then,
Gandhi smiles and embraces the sinner!
But now, changed times, new threats arise,
Corrupted kings, kingpins pulling the string!
Cattle class powdered in power and might,
Slaughtered truths and hidden cries!
A youth enslaved to spotlight and might!
Null minded - Sly rats of Rip Van Winkle,
Lost values, lacks the innermost strength,
A nation's 'power', grieves and curses inspite!
Treacherous men, selling woman's pride,
Spits them after chewing through veins,
Crying angels and their half burnt wings!
As a crater created in God's mighty heart!
There is a lot to be done to this world,
Not from where he left, when he slept!
This country has walked back the steps,
A change, Renaissance is what she needs!
Non-Violence, tolerance, patience of mind,
Three tablets for the eternal peace,
For ever to sustain and to live fullest,
To bring back hope and mutual existence!
But this is no disease and cannot be cured,
Its a vicious cancer, needs a clean cut!
Its time for a movement, revolution for life,
Will a piece of advice bring any change?
Gandhi searched for his wooden stick,
Now, he has with him an untold trick,
He's determined to make the nation shine!
To liberate us (Once Again) He walks on to land!
Magic Box's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gandhi's Resurrection by Magic Box )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How I Once Spent a Friday Afternoon, M.J. Lemon
- Every dog's ordeal, Lubinda Lubinda
- An Ethereal Bloom, Margaret Alice Second
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal
- God Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Further, Michael P. McParland
- Fulfillment, Michael P. McParland
- Frustration, Michael P. McParland
- Psycho Babble Scribble Squabble And Scra.., Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)