Game Of Chess
His life a game of chess.
With each piece cleaning up a different mess.
His legs the Pawns.
Leading him through obstacles trying to right every wrong.
Without this the chess game could have never been born.
The Rook his outer shield.
Can stop and turn in any direction, like a car it yields.
The Knight is intuition.
Like the pawn its with him through every condition.
Pacing around in an L like somebody was facing conviction.
The Bishop his morals and ethics.
Moving diagonal like the insulin running through the veins of a diabetic.
The King his heart and the Queen his mind.
Together they bring something one of a kind.
All the pieces coming together and deciding his fate.
Now the game is over it checkmate.
Anthony Tepedino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Game Of Chess by Anthony Tepedino )
- The Doctor Visit, Harold R Hunt Sr
- postponed until further -hey, i just not.., Mandolyn ...
- The elusive self., michael walker
- We Honor, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
- Love's Philosophical Potion, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Two Sisters, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley