Game Of Chess
His life a game of chess.
With each piece cleaning up a different mess.
His legs the Pawns.
Leading him through obstacles trying to right every wrong.
Without this the chess game could have never been born.
The Rook his outer shield.
Can stop and turn in any direction, like a car it yields.
The Knight is intuition.
Like the pawn its with him through every condition.
Pacing around in an L like somebody was facing conviction.
The Bishop his morals and ethics.
Moving diagonal like the insulin running through the veins of a diabetic.
The King his heart and the Queen his mind.
Together they bring something one of a kind.
All the pieces coming together and deciding his fate.
Now the game is over it checkmate.
Anthony Tepedino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Game Of Chess by Anthony Tepedino )
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
- Grass, sallam yassin
- For Whatever its Worth, michael walkerjohn
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)