Game Of Chess
His life a game of chess.
With each piece cleaning up a different mess.
His legs the Pawns.
Leading him through obstacles trying to right every wrong.
Without this the chess game could have never been born.
The Rook his outer shield.
Can stop and turn in any direction, like a car it yields.
The Knight is intuition.
Like the pawn its with him through every condition.
Pacing around in an L like somebody was facing conviction.
The Bishop his morals and ethics.
Moving diagonal like the insulin running through the veins of a diabetic.
The King his heart and the Queen his mind.
Together they bring something one of a kind.
All the pieces coming together and deciding his fate.
Now the game is over it checkmate.
Anthony Tepedino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Game Of Chess by Anthony Tepedino )
- strong, LongLive BrokenHeart
- 3, Smoky Hoss
- Soul Holes, Smoky Hoss
- Magic of Indian Democracy, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ...and am loving it, Manonton Dalan
- There is yet Hope, Smoky Hoss
- Beauty And The Beholder, hugh everard
- Black Rose, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Joyful Is Life With Colours, Rohit Sapra
- Ferguson and Law Enforcement, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)