If I watch the rush of an ocean
then I stand to want to rush like it.
If I watch the rush of men
then i stand to see that the world has loosed bravery
unlike the days of Aristotles and the great philosophers
Every one race for fame and name
they come on the lectern in self-righteousness
so you adore them, but at the end the world is only conquered by the humble ones and they, make the land mark for us to follow
their feet in the soil of life fits everyones feet
but the proud refuse to admit this, they make their own and they walk alone.
now what is my gain watching this people pave their way in life?
I will say, the mind of a thinker thirst after the need to know
and the mind of a doer decides which to follow
No gain awaits me and you at the end of our life
It has always being about judgment from the get-go but we all dont know which judgment is certain, so we all wait.
yewande adedokun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gain by yewande adedokun )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar