Giorgio A. V.
- Gaetano Donizetti -
Gaetano performs in the Opera Hall,
con bravura le mani, he moves in three acts,
he conducts il crescendo, deciso and tall,
espressione di drama and epos he tracks.
Such effusive emotion's derived by his hands
and emphatic the passage their movements enforce
from a distance his broadness devoted expands
Donizzeti imparts, in poetic discourse.
Born in Bergamo, poor, to the muses belongs
operatic creations, symphonic his deeds,
quartets made for strings, oratorios, songs
il Maestro transmits and sopranos he leads.
Gaetano directs, through his dancing hands' flare
marziali address, maestosi e gentil'
how the music expands 'come marcia' and prayer
and the instruments fill the Duomo in still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter - first draft)
Comments about this poem (Gaetano by Giorgio A. V. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- A Moments Indulgence, Rabindranath Tagore
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- I Love Life, Alfred Oyori
- Silence, ashi singh
- Tales Of A Wife: Gillie, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- My Conscience Leads Me On, Tony Adah
- Just To Encourage You To Hold On, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Will Seek For You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Under The Apple Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- Spiced Wine, Edward Kofi Louis
- Innocent Wishes, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Come And See II, Edward Kofi Louis