- Gaetano Donizetti -
Gaetano performs in the Opera Hall,
con bravura le mani, he moves in three acts,
he conducts il crescendo, deciso and tall,
espressione di drama and epos he tracks.
Such effusive emotion's derived by his hands
and emphatic the passage their movements enforce
from a distance his broadness devoted expands
Donizzeti imparts, in poetic discourse.
Born in Bergamo, poor, to the muses belongs
operatic creations, symphonic his deeds,
quartets made for strings, oratorios, songs
il Maestro transmits and sopranos he leads.
Gaetano directs, through his dancing hands' flare
marziali address, maestosi e gentil'
how the music expands 'come marcia' and prayer
and the instruments fill the Duomo in still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter - first draft)
Comments about this poem (Gaetano by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery