Giorgio A. V.
- Gaetano Donizetti -
Gaetano performs in the Opera Hall,
con bravura le mani, he moves in three acts,
he conducts il crescendo, deciso and tall,
espressione di drama and epos he tracks.
Such effusive emotion's derived by his hands
and emphatic the passage their movements enforce
from a distance his broadness devoted expands
Donizzeti imparts, in poetic discourse.
Born in Bergamo, poor, to the muses belongs
operatic creations, symphonic his deeds,
quartets made for strings, oratorios, songs
il Maestro transmits and sopranos he leads.
Gaetano directs, through his dancing hands' flare
marziali address, maestosi e gentil'
how the music expands 'come marcia' and prayer
and the instruments fill the Duomo in still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Anapestic Tetrameter - first draft)
Comments about this poem (Gaetano by Giorgio A. V. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Girls And Their Peep Hole, Is It Poetry
- Goodbye dream, Marilyn Jean
- '' You're No Better Than Us '', bri mar
- Becoming Part Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nineteen Years Since Your Passing, Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthe ..
- Life and Death, Rimni chakravarty
- No living is in vain, gajanan mishra
- Insomniac's, Is It Poetry
- Chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Many a bride dreams of this night., Sandra Lynn