G.I. Joe, born in '64,
Conceived by a soldier who did
Combat in the Korean War.
At last a doll for the guy kid.
A twelve inch action figure, who
Had moveable parts to attack,
Downing 'enemies' with kung fu,
Then still, as the kid got a snack.
The Vietnam War came along,
And did kill the G.I. Joe sales.
The right of soldiering turned wrong
When Government Issued war fails.
Happy 50th - G.I. Joe.
We keep playing war - doncha know!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (G.I. Joe by Ima Ryma )
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison