G.I. Joe, born in '64,
Conceived by a soldier who did
Combat in the Korean War.
At last a doll for the guy kid.
A twelve inch action figure, who
Had moveable parts to attack,
Downing 'enemies' with kung fu,
Then still, as the kid got a snack.
The Vietnam War came along,
And did kill the G.I. Joe sales.
The right of soldiering turned wrong
When Government Issued war fails.
Happy 50th - G.I. Joe.
We keep playing war - doncha know!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (G.I. Joe by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime