Julie A Smith
Future Promises in The Wind
Future promises in the wind.
Looming in the distance,
a briefest glimmer
shimmers in my mind.
My passions. My heart.
O, my Lord, where are You leading me?
The call that you ordained for me.
The beautiful plans
that You alone
have laid out.
I wonder but what
they mayest be.
They are perfect,
yet that I know.
Even now I sit and ponder
how you can have
so much faith in me?
Just only a few brief days ago
I paused to tell you something.
How I am so very tired
of facing the Giants
and of the narrow road.
But then, my Lord, You know
I could not end but there.
Because You know that my spirit yet longs
to face the Giants,
fight the battles,
and be strong
and very courageous.
As Joshua was.
And though I know
the narrow road
may take everything I've got
I am but certain
of this one thing
yet leads me on.
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Future Promises in The Wind by Julie A Smith )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- I Envy The Rats, Kyle Schlicher
- Thanks for elienating me., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra