Julie A Smith
Future Promises in The Wind
Future promises in the wind.
Looming in the distance,
a briefest glimmer
shimmers in my mind.
My passions. My heart.
O, my Lord, where are You leading me?
The call that you ordained for me.
The beautiful plans
that You alone
have laid out.
I wonder but what
they mayest be.
They are perfect,
yet that I know.
Even now I sit and ponder
how you can have
so much faith in me?
Just only a few brief days ago
I paused to tell you something.
How I am so very tired
of facing the Giants
and of the narrow road.
But then, my Lord, You know
I could not end but there.
Because You know that my spirit yet longs
to face the Giants,
fight the battles,
and be strong
and very courageous.
As Joshua was.
And though I know
the narrow road
may take everything I've got
I am but certain
of this one thing
yet leads me on.
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Future Promises in The Wind by Julie A Smith )
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Going beyond death, see me, gajanan mishra
- Total Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원휴게텔대박'…'동탄휴게텔.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- opganda.com ≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '강남오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'.., bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Being with you means a lot!, Sumita Jetley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)