Julie A Smith
Future Promises in The Wind
Future promises in the wind.
Looming in the distance,
a briefest glimmer
shimmers in my mind.
My passions. My heart.
O, my Lord, where are You leading me?
The call that you ordained for me.
The beautiful plans
that You alone
have laid out.
I wonder but what
they mayest be.
They are perfect,
yet that I know.
Even now I sit and ponder
how you can have
so much faith in me?
Just only a few brief days ago
I paused to tell you something.
How I am so very tired
of facing the Giants
and of the narrow road.
But then, my Lord, You know
I could not end but there.
Because You know that my spirit yet longs
to face the Giants,
fight the battles,
and be strong
and very courageous.
As Joshua was.
And though I know
the narrow road
may take everything I've got
I am but certain
of this one thing
yet leads me on.
Julie A Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Future Promises in The Wind by Julie A Smith )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)