Alan Bruce Thompson
When the oil runs out, and the water’s gone,
We’ll ask what we did to our planet, our home?
But wait a minute, we need reason here,
Let’s not get caught up in panic and fear.
Who are the opponents? these prophets of doom?
“The economy will collapse if we don’t consume”.
How dare you speak out against industrial might,
Keep your mouth sealed, keep out of sight!
For the moment we want riches, the problems should ignore,
With our lust for resources, it’s the earth that we should bore.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Future Planning by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- Angel City, Alan Bruce Thompson
- The Cause Of Tsunamis, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Tunnel, Alan Bruce Thompson
- End Of The Day, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Travelling First Without Class, Alan Bruce Thompson
- The Disappearance Of Time, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)