Alan Bruce Thompson
When the oil runs out, and the water’s gone,
We’ll ask what we did to our planet, our home?
But wait a minute, we need reason here,
Let’s not get caught up in panic and fear.
Who are the opponents? these prophets of doom?
“The economy will collapse if we don’t consume”.
How dare you speak out against industrial might,
Keep your mouth sealed, keep out of sight!
For the moment we want riches, the problems should ignore,
With our lust for resources, it’s the earth that we should bore.
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Future Planning by Alan Bruce Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar