you've got all the fruit,
And I sense it almost
everywhere you go...
The Pink dark white
bright red- often purplishicious,
It makes me think of new ways
to chart inner territories,
Banging my head against
the hardest of poets tables,
Yes, you are abundant,
riddled with heavy moist
snakes around your
neck and breasts,
And I am Adam's other rib,
spare, barbecue flavour,
why don't you try some...
And afflicted, fingers should persist!
Of a rare specie that knocked
me for a six!
You've got fruit hanging
from the balcony now,
And I am dancing like a tattered
old bear, for you and you only...
And that man is not so remote,
as the smoke that belches,
envelopes the skies of his entire mind,
until he does the obvious,
and falls! falls! falls!
Completely out of it,
like a rash running wild...
A power overtaken...
Fruit - you are now at me!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fruit by GRANT FRASER )
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)