These figures dance upon my walls,
Mocking me with their smirks and laughs.
Not knowing what else to do,
I take covers under the sheets and say my prayers.
Sneak a peak to see them dancing along,
Laughing and smiling.
I can feel their eyes on me,
Digging deeper and deeper into my soul.
Do I scream?
Do I lay here still?
Where do I go?
What do I do?
I open my mouth to no words nor sound,
Just silence all around.
Just try and scream for help,
But no noise comes out.
I lay there frozen and stuck,
Not knowing what to do.
They get closer and closer,
Entering my soul with their eyes.
As I close my eyes,
I can feel them approach my frozen body.
Quick, pull the covers over my face,
Now they can't harm me.
Or at least that's what I thought.
They are tugging and pulling,
Trying to get the covers off my face.
But I put up a fight.
I begin to kick and shout for help,
Telling them to get away and get off.
The covers are removed from my face,
Eyes clenched shut I scream 'Who are you? ! '
'Sweetie it's just a bad dream.'
I opened my eyes slowly but surely.
It was my mother,
Her hand on my shoulder comforting me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen Helplessly by Lyndzee Reynolds )
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
- Coming To Light, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sally With Arachnophobia ..... [SPIDERS.., Bri Edwards
- We Sleep in Buses (pirates), Mr. Nobody
- Hollow Bricks, Curtlan Popo
- Only pleasure, hasmukh amathalal
- Splendid Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pirate Infection in my Veins, Mr. Nobody
- Remnants, Jack Growden
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)