These figures dance upon my walls,
Mocking me with their smirks and laughs.
Not knowing what else to do,
I take covers under the sheets and say my prayers.
Sneak a peak to see them dancing along,
Laughing and smiling.
I can feel their eyes on me,
Digging deeper and deeper into my soul.
Do I scream?
Do I lay here still?
Where do I go?
What do I do?
I open my mouth to no words nor sound,
Just silence all around.
Just try and scream for help,
But no noise comes out.
I lay there frozen and stuck,
Not knowing what to do.
They get closer and closer,
Entering my soul with their eyes.
As I close my eyes,
I can feel them approach my frozen body.
Quick, pull the covers over my face,
Now they can't harm me.
Or at least that's what I thought.
They are tugging and pulling,
Trying to get the covers off my face.
But I put up a fight.
I begin to kick and shout for help,
Telling them to get away and get off.
The covers are removed from my face,
Eyes clenched shut I scream 'Who are you? ! '
'Sweetie it's just a bad dream.'
I opened my eyes slowly but surely.
It was my mother,
Her hand on my shoulder comforting me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen Helplessly by Lyndzee Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah