These figures dance upon my walls,
Mocking me with their smirks and laughs.
Not knowing what else to do,
I take covers under the sheets and say my prayers.
Sneak a peak to see them dancing along,
Laughing and smiling.
I can feel their eyes on me,
Digging deeper and deeper into my soul.
Do I scream?
Do I lay here still?
Where do I go?
What do I do?
I open my mouth to no words nor sound,
Just silence all around.
Just try and scream for help,
But no noise comes out.
I lay there frozen and stuck,
Not knowing what to do.
They get closer and closer,
Entering my soul with their eyes.
As I close my eyes,
I can feel them approach my frozen body.
Quick, pull the covers over my face,
Now they can't harm me.
Or at least that's what I thought.
They are tugging and pulling,
Trying to get the covers off my face.
But I put up a fight.
I begin to kick and shout for help,
Telling them to get away and get off.
The covers are removed from my face,
Eyes clenched shut I scream 'Who are you? ! '
'Sweetie it's just a bad dream.'
I opened my eyes slowly but surely.
It was my mother,
Her hand on my shoulder comforting me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen Helplessly by Lyndzee Reynolds )
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
- Thread of thought, Roann Mendriq
- Baking Bread, Roann Mendriq
- Completion, White Lily
- Tears, Michael McParland
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)