These figures dance upon my walls,
Mocking me with their smirks and laughs.
Not knowing what else to do,
I take covers under the sheets and say my prayers.
Sneak a peak to see them dancing along,
Laughing and smiling.
I can feel their eyes on me,
Digging deeper and deeper into my soul.
Do I scream?
Do I lay here still?
Where do I go?
What do I do?
I open my mouth to no words nor sound,
Just silence all around.
Just try and scream for help,
But no noise comes out.
I lay there frozen and stuck,
Not knowing what to do.
They get closer and closer,
Entering my soul with their eyes.
As I close my eyes,
I can feel them approach my frozen body.
Quick, pull the covers over my face,
Now they can't harm me.
Or at least that's what I thought.
They are tugging and pulling,
Trying to get the covers off my face.
But I put up a fight.
I begin to kick and shout for help,
Telling them to get away and get off.
The covers are removed from my face,
Eyes clenched shut I scream 'Who are you? ! '
'Sweetie it's just a bad dream.'
I opened my eyes slowly but surely.
It was my mother,
Her hand on my shoulder comforting me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen Helplessly by Lyndzee Reynolds )
- A happy farmer family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)