These figures dance upon my walls,
Mocking me with their smirks and laughs.
Not knowing what else to do,
I take covers under the sheets and say my prayers.
Sneak a peak to see them dancing along,
Laughing and smiling.
I can feel their eyes on me,
Digging deeper and deeper into my soul.
Do I scream?
Do I lay here still?
Where do I go?
What do I do?
I open my mouth to no words nor sound,
Just silence all around.
Just try and scream for help,
But no noise comes out.
I lay there frozen and stuck,
Not knowing what to do.
They get closer and closer,
Entering my soul with their eyes.
As I close my eyes,
I can feel them approach my frozen body.
Quick, pull the covers over my face,
Now they can't harm me.
Or at least that's what I thought.
They are tugging and pulling,
Trying to get the covers off my face.
But I put up a fight.
I begin to kick and shout for help,
Telling them to get away and get off.
The covers are removed from my face,
Eyes clenched shut I scream 'Who are you? ! '
'Sweetie it's just a bad dream.'
I opened my eyes slowly but surely.
It was my mother,
Her hand on my shoulder comforting me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen Helplessly by Lyndzee Reynolds )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong