From the heart
I need to get this off my chest, baby.
i've done my best to supress such feelings but recently theyve all just hit me like a ton of bricks.
my dress is giving way to reveal whats underneath, a mess.
i feel naked but yet not free. i wish people could see how really i'm crumbling, giving up on everything and losing myself.
i'm mumbling to myself almost everyday, when i get in bed i remember the times when i just lay in bed and let the world pass me by, the sad thing is that i couldve been on the runway ready to take off.
Lucy Grainger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From the heart by Lucy Grainger )
- Ocean of Dreams, Bill Cantrell
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)