From the heart
I need to get this off my chest, baby.
i've done my best to supress such feelings but recently theyve all just hit me like a ton of bricks.
my dress is giving way to reveal whats underneath, a mess.
i feel naked but yet not free. i wish people could see how really i'm crumbling, giving up on everything and losing myself.
i'm mumbling to myself almost everyday, when i get in bed i remember the times when i just lay in bed and let the world pass me by, the sad thing is that i couldve been on the runway ready to take off.
Lucy Grainger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From the heart by Lucy Grainger )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Is The Respect, Ronell Warren Alman
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- RESPECT, don wilson
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
- Respect, David Harris
- Respectability, Robert Browning
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
Poem of the Day
- Heal Us, Sandra Feldman
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin