From the heart
I need to get this off my chest, baby.
i've done my best to supress such feelings but recently theyve all just hit me like a ton of bricks.
my dress is giving way to reveal whats underneath, a mess.
i feel naked but yet not free. i wish people could see how really i'm crumbling, giving up on everything and losing myself.
i'm mumbling to myself almost everyday, when i get in bed i remember the times when i just lay in bed and let the world pass me by, the sad thing is that i couldve been on the runway ready to take off.
Lucy Grainger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From the heart by Lucy Grainger )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...