From All in All Tall to Not at All Small
I was stem, I was thorn, I was rose,
I was leaf, I was grief which arose
when you spurned me and burned me
and quite overturned me
to stimulate nectar's outflows.
Life was clement, I acorn which rose
through belief to be chief tree each knows,
who discerned me concerned me
and right from rite learned, to be
true to no counter-fate crows.
Don’t condemn, never mourn, if Death chose
like a thief no relief to propose,
little earn, no return, we
won’t haunt, daunt nor flaunt free
to simulate spectral hell_o[we]s!
I was wide open door naught could close!
I was stride more than pretty please pose!
Yet life's cycle's spun ugly,
bug so snug in a ruggly
now never may metamorphose!
I'm now mortgage bank seeks to foreclose
where I banked on love's loan to oppose
all 'alone' meant: untimely
rhyme to rime froze, I'm debris
discarded, heart trumped, lachrymose.
Oh how Time and Tide flow into woes!
wave goodbye to fond tie when sigh sows
rank betrayal: Luck, lovely,
turned to bitter, green envy,
Life never rains, pours, but, sore snows!
Was this limerick hard to compose?
Fiction, fantasy, fact tract? What shows?
Final verse lies behind me
mind reversing role blind, we
let reader unwind, com[m]a...toes
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From All in All Tall to Not at All Small by Jonathan ROBIN )
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)