Kathleen J. Shields
Friendship Traffic Jam
Friendships like a two-way street without a passing lane
You can only go so fast and you really can’t complain
Friendships like those railroad tracks without a schedule
You never know when the train will come, and you’re almost out of fuel
Friendships like an interstate speeding past the traffic
And hoping someone won’t cut you off where you might say something graphic.
But even though our friendship seems to be so up and down
I want you to know a u-turns ahead and we’ll come back around.
So pull off the road and put it in park, your taxi’s on its way
I just want you to know that everything’s okay.
Kathleen J. Shields's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship Traffic Jam by Kathleen J. Shields )
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav