Close are the bonds of friendship's love.
Tighter than guy-ropes made of steel
Are the ties of affection, proving
At length, the power of feelings.
Born of real ease with another,
They create needs stronger than pain.
Friendship defies hurt, discovers,
After a little while, that chains
Made in life's fire can never break.
Time will gather the trailing threads
Once again, and for friendships's sake,
Will make tighter still love's rope, led
By acceptance that friends stay true,
I offer this outstretched hand to you.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship's Hand. by Fay Slimm )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry