Close are the bonds of friendship's love.
Tighter than guy-ropes made of steel
Are the ties of affection, proving
At length, the power of feelings.
Born of real ease with another,
They create needs stronger than pain.
Friendship defies hurt, discovers,
After a little while, that chains
Made in life's fire can never break.
Time will gather the trailing threads
Once again, and for friendships's sake,
Will make tighter still love's rope, led
By acceptance that friends stay true,
I offer this outstretched hand to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship's Hand. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Korean Cicada (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- There Is Nothing As Indian English Poetr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- No to Suicide, Wellington Marshall