Close are the bonds of friendship's love.
Tighter than guy-ropes made of steel
Are the ties of affection, proving
At length, the power of feelings.
Born of real ease with another,
They create needs stronger than pain.
Friendship defies hurt, discovers,
After a little while, that chains
Made in life's fire can never break.
Time will gather the trailing threads
Once again, and for friendships's sake,
Will make tighter still love's rope, led
By acceptance that friends stay true,
I offer this outstretched hand to you.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship's Hand. by Fay Slimm )
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation does what long years Do not .., Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)