I sit with you, both of us
in deep and dark and underground
and we prod things with sticks
and I prod your heart.
They say you don’t know your best friend until you sit with them in a deep dark place
and until you see the colour drain from their face and the fire in their heart extinguish. Never
forget the day that I got to know you better and
despite the day
being horrible, you were lovely again
and that’s all that matters.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship [relit] by Marie Daniels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA