A great gift.
When you’re down—
It’s a lift.
(Not just a while) ,
True friends would go
The last mile.
Friends are there
When trouble brews,
And happy moments
Are a few.
There’ll be mistakes,
But that’s a thing
Of give and take.
Hold to friendship—
The benefits dwarf
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship—a Gift by Walterrean Salley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter