A great gift.
When you’re down—
It’s a lift.
(Not just a while) ,
True friends would go
The last mile.
Friends are there
When trouble brews,
And happy moments
Are a few.
There’ll be mistakes,
But that’s a thing
Of give and take.
Hold to friendship—
The benefits dwarf
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship—a Gift by Walterrean Salley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Apelike Persistence, Richard Thripp
- Your body is water, Mark Heathcote
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Very Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman