Show me your friend
And I can tell your character.
The friends you keep,
Determine your deeds,
Reveal your preferences,
Inform your references.
The friends you move with,
Shape your attitude,
Mold your aptitude,
Decide your future altitude.
Friends are of different types.
They come in different styles.
So be mindful of your picking,
So as not to regret your pick.
Friends can make you,
Friends can break you.
Friends can prop you up,
Friends can pluck you down.
Some friends can further your cause,
Others can cause you your feathers.
What type, are yours?
Emmanuel Oduro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friends by Emmanuel Oduro )
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gathering Compensation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 2 of A Kind, Josep Rodriguez
- पाऊस ओथंबुन वाहत असताना..., Amit Anjarlekar
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)