Ones who are marked with wisdom,
someone who will always be there for you.
They are by your side through sunny days,
yet there for you when thunder strikes.
Ones who run with you through fields of joy,
as the purple blossoms burry all worries.
Ones who you can walk with in the moonlight,
walk as the ocean waves brush the sand through your toes,
without having to hide emotions or secrets.
Ones who will be by your side when the night is over,
and you are in need of dear company,
showing you every bit of love without a selfish reason.
a prized possession which only comes with luck,
which appears out of understanding and love,
there only with the outmost honesty and trust,
willing to be there for you in moments of need.
One who will last a life time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friends by Javier Falcon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death, Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki