That a friend in need
Is always a friend indeed.
That the sky stays blue
And my friends always
Remain the same ones I would know.
That this earth is still round
And I’ll anywhere be found.
That my dreams are so clear
And when I wake up,
My eyes have no tear.
That your hand is in mine
And with love there passes
So much time.
That I’ll survive,
A broken heart there will be
In no time;
But I have to hope,
I am just to hope:
Hope, hope, hope
And the never ending hopes –
I am having to confirm!
Istiqur Rahman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendly Hopes by Istiqur Rahman )
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)