A cooking journey, leg by leg.
Make batter in a mixing bowl,
Flour, baking soda and egg
Mixed with water in combo whole.
Let sit, and some veggie oil heat.
Trim up the meat, singe any hair.
Into the batter, dip the meat.
Into the oil, dip the meat there,
Spread eagled so as not to clump,
Until a lightly browned hor d'oeuvre.
Pull out and let drain the cooked lump.
Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
What's this? Will anybody guess?
A deep fried tarantula - yes!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fried? by Ima Ryma )
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz